This lens formed part of an early Askania missile tracking system, a precursor of the cinetheodolites they replaced it in the 1960s. Provenance from the CEL (Centre déssais des Landes), Europe's only nuclear-capable missile testing range, near Biscarosse, France. As well as testing atmospheric trajectory, the site also carries out tests of submarine catapult missile launchers in 40m deep tanks.
The director of the test site, Fabrice Dallongeville has confirmed that it was used there, but as this was probably before he was born he did not give more details
Weight 5980 g, Length 40 cm, Lens diameter 13.5 cm
Condition, good for its age. Has condensation inside but no visible mold.
- Vários dispositivos principais
- Askania Rheydt
- Modelo/Tipo n.º
- F1:4.5 - 60cm (Nuclear) Missile tracking lens
- Tipo de objeto/dispositivo
- Lentes telescópicas
- Razoável (usado e em condições limitadas de funcionamento, com grandes sinais de uso / dano visível)
- N.º de dispositivos principais